- This event has passed.
Teacher Tuesdays – Jump Simulation
November 5, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmFree
Teacher Tuesday Event – Make – Play – Connect
a networking event to spur ideas that teachers can test in their classrooms
4:30pm-5pm: Optional Jump Simulation Facility Tours
5pm-5:20pm: Welcome & Introduction from University of Illinois Extension & Jump Simulation
5:20-6:30pm Breakout Session Rotation
- Breakout Session 1: Upcycled STEAM
- Anyone can be a “Maker” with everyday objects you have around the house. Try out your maker skills in our Upcycled STEAM station. How many devices can you make out of the supplies provided?
- Breakout Session 2: Anatomical Skills Demonstration
- Anatomy and Physiology concepts can be a challenge to learn at any age. Analogy based learning is imbedded in grade school texts through medical texts and clinical practice because it enhances teaching, learning, and memory retention, as well as strengthening associations useful in conceptual and practical application. This session will demonstrate how Jump Simulation’s Anatomical Lab staff uses Analogies, metaphors, and similes to bridge the gap in learning new unknown medical information with pre-existing personal experiences at all levels of education from Youth STEM programs through medical students and practicing nurse and physician training.
- Breakout Session 3: Innovative Technologies and Bioengineering
- Bioengineers from Jump Simulation will review their processes for human-centered design in healthcare, focusing on interdisciplinary ideation and the importance of iteration in design problems. Attendees will leave with an understanding of novel design processes affecting the ability of different fields within STEM to converge into single projects, as well as take-home material detailing several methods for implementing these processes in their own fields of education.
6:30pm-7pm: Optional Jump Simulation Facility Tours