- This event has passed.
Teacher Tuesdays – Developing Critical Thinking Skills Through Games
October 1, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmFree
Teacher Tuesday – Make, Play, Connect
-a networking event to spur ideas that teachers can test in their classrooms
Developing Critical Thinking Skills with Games
Led by Illinois Digital Educators Alliance
Light refreshments will be served.
Teacher Tuesdays is a networking event designed to foster peer-to-peer support for learning. Building a learning community around Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM)Education for our region.
In addition to monthly networking events, we are building an online network Tech Teachers GP –Join our conversation: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TECHTeacherGP/
Teacher Tuesday programming partners include University of Illinois Extension Fulton-Mason-Peoria-Tazewell Unit, River City Labs, Greater Peoria EDC, Peoria PlayHouse Children’s Museum, Peoria Riverfront Museum, Bradley University, Area School Districts, Caterpillar Inc. | Innovation & Technology Development Division, and IDEA-Illinois Digital Educator Alliance.
2019-2020 Teacher Tuesday Scheduled Programs
- September 17, 2019, STEAM Resource Fair for Educators, Peoria Riverfront Museum
- October 1, 2019, Developing Critical Thinking Skills with Games, Titan Games, Peoria Heights
- * October 12, 2019, Big Picture Festival, Peoria Warehouse District
- * October 18 & 19, 2019, ITCM Annual Conference, Peoria Civic Center
- November 5, 2019, Cultivating STEAM Talent, JUMP Simulation
- February 4, 2020, Mentor Match Engine Showcase, Pekin High School
- * March 5, 2020, STEAM Symposium, Bradley University
- * March 6 & 7, 2020, Next Generation Science Standards- Basic Immersion Training, Bradley University
- April 7, 2020, River City Labs
- May 5, 2020, Innovative Technologies, Caterpillar
- June 2, 2020, Encountering Nature and Animal Exploration, Wildlife Prairie Park
*These events are not a Teacher Tuesday organized event, but may be of interest